Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Back from Onati: Justice in Transition - Northern Ireland

After a very busy two weeks I finally get to posting something. I am just back from a conference entitled Justice in Transition: Northern Ireland and Beyond held in Onati and hosted by the International Institute for the Sociology of Law. It was a very timely event as the discussion on how to deal with the past in Northern Ireland is really starting to take off again. I presented some of the analysis I wrote in the Fordham International Law Journal (26,4), see my publications. But also spoke to the ideas of how discourses and process are shaping current processes of how to deal with the past. I also made the point that the South African process has become more 'symbolic' in Northern Ireland, than a serious attempt to draw detailed lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment